Class A Truck Driver - Ghent, NY
We are seeking a dependable and organized Class A truck driver who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina... who thrives working long hours on the road and can consistently ensure safe and accurate deliveries. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to tractor unit
- Transport goods, livestock, etc. from place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organize goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid Class A driver’s license required
- 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving large vehicles
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Able to operate electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- An innate sense of direction
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co.
58 Beechwood Avenue, New Rochelle NY 10801
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive compensation package for full-time employees including medical and dental plans with employer contribution, 401K, and paid vacation/sick/holidays.
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Company, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or genetics.