Payroll Accountant - New Rochelle, NY
Almstead Tree, Shrub and Lawn Care Company is seeking a Payroll Accountant to execute, manage, and supervise the general ledger and payroll processes. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, and works closely with department leaders across the company.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now
- Ensure compliance with prevailing wage rates in all states and cities in which Almstead conducts business
- Prepare all related payroll tax reports and other necessary reporting requirements relating to payroll
- Ensure that all required company payroll-related documentation is completed in a timely fashion
- Oversee the maintenance and organization of accounting, reporting, entity, property and leasing documents of a portfolio of buildings
- Facilitate inter-company reimbursements
- Prepare tax, operating and other escalation billings for tenants
- Prepare general journal entries, rent rolls, and monthly reports
- Record all mortgages/payroll, management fees and other related payables on a monthly basis
- Participate in the integration of all accounting related activities on property acquisitions and dispositions
- Complete bank reconciliations of multiple accounts
- Prepare commission statements for all Sales Arborists
- Prepare monthly sales budgets company wide
- Account management including updating daily cash totals
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- Five years experience with Payroll software, with a minimum of two using ADP Workforce Now and ADP time keeping modules
- Minimum three years experience with Quickbooks
- Written and mathematical accuracy, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with a drive to ensure prompt resolution of issues.
- Five+ years’ experience in a comparable role in accounting, ideally for a Service organization with multiple companies and a majority manual labor force
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- A solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting pronouncements
- Strong general ledger, payroll, and bank working knowledge
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks within strict time frames
- Experience of producing and tracking documents and activity on multiple projects
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Experience of working cooperatively with Human Resources to ensure excellent results across the payroll/employment lifecycle.
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co.
58 Beechwood Avenue, New Rochelle NY 10801
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive compensation package for full-time employees including medical and dental plans with employer contribution, 401K, and paid vacation/sick/holidays.
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Company, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or genetics.